Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bad Bed! Bad Bad Bad Bed!


All my life I have bounded out of bed each morning. I've never been one to lay around sleeping. Is it postpardum depression? Is it that my room is not connected to the central heat of the house? I thought maybe it was because the baby wasn't sleeping through the night, but for whatever reason, I CAN'T GET MY BOOTY OUT OF BED! I get Cougar to school and then the little baby wants to nurse when we get home, and I curl up with that little warm nugget and it's all over. The two of us are snoozin' away! I keep thinking that old-bound-out-of-bed me will return, but I'm still waiting. Should I force myself against my own will to get up? All I have to look forward to is cleaning up the house that the family trashed the night before. That's no fun. I've got to put the laundry away today, woo-who! I can't plan anything because it's too stressful to get the kids and I ready to go anywhere. So, what's a girl to do, but pull the blanket over her head and go back to sleep?

4 comments:

Melisa said...

Hmmm, you have a new baby! Don't be so hard on yourself! It takes me months on end to feel normal. 3 is A LOT of work! And your hubby is a super busy resident! If you need to relax and take it easy, you should. However, if you are bothered by it, or feel there is a problem, perhaps it should be addressed... Just make sure you aren't trying to meet unrealistic expectations. Don't kid yourself about how much work there is to do with a new baby and 2 busy kids and a hubby who works an insane amount of hours. You need to take breaks and rest when you can. Guilt free.

In my oh, so humble opinion. ;o)

TheFamousStacie said...

That makes me feel better! Kids are a lot of work! It surprises me how much more house work, dishes and laundry, one new baby adds. Plus, hours are taken away from getting stuff done just because of nursing.

I think I feel so guilty because Chad is so sleep deprived this year that I feel bad sleeping when I know how tired he is.

Melisa said...

Really, don't be so hard on yourself. If the house stays dirty for a couple of days, life will go on. Rest when you can to keep yourself sane. Babies are exhausting.

Valerie LL said...

Have your dr. Check your thyroid level. MANY women have lower thryroid production after children. If it is low they can fix it and you will be back at it!