Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Future Glorious Vegetable Garden

I have BIG plans. I've wanted to grow a big, glorious vegetable garden for many years now. However, with the world of medicine conducting all of its change-overs on July 1st, it has made it difficult to invest in a garden. I am stoked to be in one location over the summer and plan on having three consecutive summers in this same place. It seems worth my while to finally start my garden.

My gardens of the past consisted of herbs and tomatoes, which have been wonderful. I love having fresh herbs to cook with and delicious, warm, flavorful home grown tomatoes to do... EVERYTHING with! Herbs are essential in my new glorious garden.

Like I said, I've got BIG, BIG plans. Being by the beach, we have about 80% sand for soil, so I am going to do a garden above the ground. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Elle said...

How fun... we love to garden... we have a little garden in our yard, and then we have a full sun plot in a local community garden. We like you grow mostly herbs and tomatoes, but this spring we did broccoli, brussel sprouts and lettuce... mmmm so good, and last year we did corn (no luck there), and carrots (they were really bitter), and jalapenos.

Our tomatoes are already blooming so we're thinkings we'll get the first off of those vines in the end of May! We haven't decided what else to plant, but since we're leaving the second week of July we'd better decide soon!

Do take pictures of your above the ground garden...