Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snow Cones

Have I ever mentioned that I love snow cones? Do you love snow cones? There is something in that sugar sweet nastalgia that takes me back to walking in the hot Texas sun up to the neighborhood Minyard where the snow cone hut stood in the parking lot with Jordyn, Missy and my cousin Keri. There were so many flavors, like 300, in that little tiny stand. So many choices!
Snow Cones in Hawaii

Snow Cone Tongues
One of the most fun parts of snow cone eating is seeing what color your tongue turns. Will it be blue? red? brown? I've considered donating a mirror to Cindy, our local snow cone lady, just so my kids can look at their tongues.

In NYC they had their own take on the Snow Cone with the delectable Frozen Hot Chocolate. Yum! It tasted just like real hot chocolate... only cold and full of snow cone ice.

Frozen Hot Chocolate in NYC
We hit our local snow cone parlor once a week to ensure my kids get a good dose of sugary deliciousness.
Brain Freeze Bell at our local Snow Cone parlor that we visit each Friday afternoon after school.

3 comments:

Stanburyland said...

We don't have them here.
It is very sad. :(

TheFamousStacie said...

What a crime!!! Not even in the summer?!

Stanburyland said...

Not even! This place is whack!!