Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Making Lemonade


We are trying our darnedest to get our house looking fantastic so we can sell it quickly. This is NO fun, because I am doing all the things I wanted to do, but not for me, for someone else.

Me and the credit card went to the store and bought beautiful yellow mums that we cannot afford, and I came home and planted them. Juliet and Cougar were helping me. I asked Juliet to clean off some rocks for the rock garden in a large bucket.

She told me she was done and I went to inspect them, only to my astonishment, the entire bucket was full of the tops of the mums! I yelled "NO! What did you do!?" My new, unaffordable mums were now naked! Juliet began to cry and said, "I was just cleaning them for you."

Boy did I feel like a jerk. I pulled myself together and we went in and found a big glass bowl. We put water in the bottom and put the flowers in to float on top and made a centerpiece for the table.

Naked Mums


Centerpiece on Table

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Oh my goodness! This sooo reminds me of a year ago when we went crazy trying to get everything fixed on the house knowing we wouldn't get to enjoy it. Good luck sweetie!