Saturday, August 9, 2008

08-08-08 Baby!



1 and 1/2 half hour after Dr. Goff broke my water, Brock came flying from the birth canal like a speeding bullet, held back only by the cord wrapped around his little tiny neck.
I was initially panicked at the sight of my blue gray colored baby who didn’t make a sound. Minutes later, after little special attention and an oxygen mask, he was the proper color of pink and making baby noises.
It will never cease to amaze me how much love we can feel for a little baby we just met. It has been really nice to spend time with just Brock over the last 24 hours before we return home to the rest of the family. He is 5 lbs 12 oz of sweetness. He doesn’t cry much and loves to snuggle.

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Too cute Stacie! What a sweetie! How is the switch to 3? How is life after med school? The first year was kinda crazy for us, but I hear it slows down...

The Smedstads said...

Hey Stacie!!! I was checking out your you tube updates- and came across the blogspot site- Congrats on your little boy!!! Wow- it seems like just last week I saw you guys in Dr. Goff/ Shanbours office!!!! Congrats to you and your family!!! We are doing pretty well, adjusting to life with baby is CRAZY.. I cannot imagine 3!!!! You guys must have some crazy patience skills!!! Take care- drop by our blog anytime!!! Holly (Reeder) Smedstad