Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ann Romney, I've got your back!

What really miffs me is when people tell me how "lucky" I am to get to stay home with my children. For me, staying home, while my children are young, is not luck by any stretch of the imagination. It is sacrifice. I am sacrificing much needed income, adult conversation and individuality, among many other benefits of having a job. However, for me, this sacrifice is worth making because I am doing it for the greater good of society and for the good of my 4 children. Staying home with children is not a choice that only the wealthy can make. Many rich women have jobs, many broke women stay home. Anyone (Hilary Rosen) who might claim (Hilary Rosen) that someone who stays home with their children has "never worked a day in their life" is delusional (Hilary Rosen). Ann Romney, staying home with her 5 boys, has worked harder 24/7 than most folks could ever imagine in their wildest dreams! Don't call me "lucky," call me bold, frugal, courageous, or crazy, but not lucky.

1 comment:

Mrs. F said...

Why do women keep having kids when they don't want to raise them or spend time with them?

Exhibit A: Resident Husby's BFF from high school. His friend and his wife are both engineers. They are going on their second child. Child #1 was dropped off in daycare within two weeks of coming into this world. Child # 2, coming soon, will likely face the same fate.

Why would you keep having kids if you don't want to raise them? So you can have something to do from 6pm-9pm M-F and on the weekends? Sounds like you've got yourself a part-time job when a child should be a full time job.