Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If I were perfect

What would life be like if I were perfect?

Let’s see…
I would get up early and exercise.
Take a shower, fix my hair and put on my make up.
I would read my scriptures and write in my journal.
All before the kids wake up.

I would make a healthy breakfast for everyone.
I would get all the children dressed, even the ones not going to school yet.

I would put things away after I use them.

My bed would be made. My kids’ beds would be made.

Mondays I would wash all the laundry.
Tuesdays I would put it all away.
Wednesdays I would clean the bathrooms.
Thursdays I would clean the house.
Fridays would be a much needed ME day, where I attend to my beauty etc…

I would unload the dishwasher early so no dish sat in the sink.

The house would be picked up because:
There would be a place for everything and everything would be in its place.

I would empty suitcases right when I got home from vacation.

I would put my shoes in the closet.

I would talk in an affirmative calm voice.

I would say only nice things about others, yet still be interesting to talk to.

I would never let my car tags expire.

I would live within my means.

I would stop spending when I run out of money.

I would consult the preplanned dinner calendar to know what to make for dinner.

My kids would do their homework and their chores. School backpacks would be neatly put away.

My credit card would be for emergencies only (without a new swimsuit counting as an emergency).

Yes, I think I know how to be perfect.
It’s the execution I have a little trouble with.

3 comments:

SeekerofGrace said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading that list! No one's perfect... just do your best and keep a happy outlook on life! You're doing great in my opinion...

okm0251 said...

Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up,
we've learned to our sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep.
--Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

You ARE perfect! There's time to be extraordinarily efficient when your kids are grown...

Love you just like you are!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Hahahaha! I love it!

It's so true - it's easy to know what it takes to be perfect... but actually BEING perfect isn't quite so simple!